Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Comm Road Podcast Available

Bryan Person's interview with me about my library's use of 2.0 technologies, including twitter, is now up and available. In the interview, I am crediting the 2.0 model as increasing the library circulation by 30%. 2.0 is not just about technology, but about being reactive to your users and allowing your users to take control.

Here is the podcast information:

http://www.bryper.com/2007/05/07/ncr-030-libraries-and-new-media/

SNIP

IN TODAY’S SHOW:

Feature interview

END SNIP

What I found most interesting about the interview, and sometimes the point of library 2.0, is that he would have never of thought about libraries doing these sorts of things. It's not a question of what the results are necessarily, but how perceptions are changed in your community, across the nation, and around the world. I remember the words David Keeber from Sedona Public Library told me during my library's planning for results process. "Your users must always think about the library. They must wake up and think of it as Mecca, how are we going to connect today?" That statement has always stayed with me.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff:

Thanks again for coming on the podcast. I thought we had a very good discussion on a very important topic.

I'll continue to follow your work!

--Bryan Person

jdscott50 said...

Bryan,

Thanks for having me on the show. It's great for libraries to get more exposure over projects like these.